Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world’s top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” – 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 239 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking future team members for our 2024 BNY Mellon Summer Internship Program – Engineering (Developer) with roles located in Wroclaw, Poland.
Summer Internship Program
BNY Mellon’s Summer Internship Program (SIP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding 10-week internship experience, as well as an inside look into what it is like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784. With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop SIP participants, our summer interns will gain valuable real-world experiences working in Operations while learning to work together in collaborative teams and building a robust network within BNY Mellon.
From day one, summer interns are immersed in BNY Mellon’s innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
- Enterprise-led intern orientation program combined with ongoing executive speaker series and virtual training curriculum designed specifically for summer interns
- Meaningful and challenging work assignments that deliver learning and skill development through practical work, mentorship, and training
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including internship managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager
- Exposure to different areas of business
- Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training, along with technical and business acumen development
- Understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative and supportive community with full commitment of top-level management to deliver a premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
2024 BNY Mellon Summer Internship Program – Engineering
- Provides application software development services or technical support in relatively straightforward projects. Understands and follows the Software Development Life Cycle. Prepares and executes test plan and test data and records test results.
- Designs and codes programs. Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs as necessary. Documents installation and operating procedures.
- Independently codes and then interfaces with senior level developers/architects to code, test and implement application programs
- Software development focusing on design, coding, and testing
- Analyze requirements and create specifications and design documents
- Research on different technologies & methodologies to recommend the optimal solutions to the problem
- Building robust, reliable, and scalable solutions in a cross-functional team environment
- Penultimate undergraduate students, completing degree program with a strong focus on technology-related majors. i.e., Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
- Strong academic background
- Does not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region were applying
- A great attitude and desire for learning
- Excellent problem solving, written and oral communication skills
- Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently or in close collaboration
- Smart and driven individual who is passionate about learning new technologies