Quantitative Analysis, Risk
Job Reference #
Temporary / Contract
Do you have a sharp, analytic mindset? Do you like when things are moving fast? Are you passionate about advanced quantitative techniques that lead to tangible results? For our Quantitative Risk Internship Program we are looking for several people like that who can help us to:
• measure and control credit and market risk in an accurate and transparent way
• develop quantitative rating, exposure, and stress models that are compliant to regulatory requirements and support the business
• build models that aggregate all risk types
• make sure these models are fit for their purpose
You’ll be working for our Quantitative Risk team in Krakow. Working together with our colleagues of the global Risk Methodology team it is our role to employ the latest quantitative techniques to ensure that our risk control models are fit for purpose and meet all regulatory requirements. In our Internship Program, you will have a chance to participate in analyzing developing regulatory requirements, automation and digitalization of the financial industry. This is an ideal way to gain the practical work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharpest minds in risk control. Your paid internship will last 3 to 6 months with the possibility of extension, based on a 40 hour week.
• at least a bachelor’s degree in financial mathematics, statistics, econometrics, physics, applied mathematics, computer science, economics or another quantitative area (and you love this stuff)
• interest in financial markets (experience is a plus)
• a can-do attitude to get the problem solved (despite all challenges) as part of a truly international team
• motivated, self-directed and creative
• adaptable, able to work across teams, functions, and cultures
• good in English, both spoken and written
• skilled in MS Excel and statistical programs like R or SAS
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.