Nokia is looking for R&D Engineer. Work in Krakow.
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Works as an Engineer in product, system or technology program in SW/HW/System Design or Integration & Verification.
Main Responsibility Area
Overall responsibility of specified entities (e.g. features). Plans, designs and executes items in own area. Contributes to specification reviews. Works according to given tasks. Participates in work estimation in own area. Consults, supports and guides own team’s external interfaces. Is responsible for sharing knowledge in his/her expertise area. Gives input to process development. Performs problem isolation and resolution. Applies knowledge and experience to determine root cause.
– performs system and sub-system requirements analysis and decomposition
– creates system and software architecture
– designs models, implements, reviews and verifies software
– verifies & integrates developed software
– troubleshoot software faults
– MSc or Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or a similar subject
– good programming skills (C++ and/or script languages e.g. Python, Perl, Unix shell)
– knowledge of Linux environment on user level
– ability to quickly acquire new knowledge, analyze and solve complex problems
– great communicative and collaborative skills
– practical knowledge of English
Nice to have:
– experience in programming for embedded & real time environment
– experience in software integration & verification
– knowledge of mobile networks standards (e.g. LTE, UMTS, GSM)
– knowledge of Agile methodologies