Nokia is looking for Software Architect. Work in Krakow.
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Works as an experienced Engineer in in product, system or technology program in SW/HW/System Design or Integration & Verification. Works under general direction and interprets internal/external business issues and recommended best practice in own discipline.
Main Responsibility Area
He/She has the responsibility for specifying, planning, reporting, designing, reviewing in his/her technical area (e.g. several features). Is an expert for techno-economical aspects in own responsibility area. Leads and executes technical activities and projects in own responsibility area. Supports resource and program planning. Writes requirements, specifications and other guiding documentation for R&D from a technical point of view. May work also outside of own process area on technical issues. Solves complex engineering problems in many technology areas. Coaches other team members in solving complex engineering problems. Undertakes technical training responsibilities.
Software Architect is mainly responsible for:
• Requirement analysis, software design and implementation of industrial grade software
• Development of specification and design of assigned architecture entity
• Participation in planning, reporting and reviewing of documents and architecture within the frame of specific project
• Decision making in business critical aspects, balancing technical and business benefits
• Execution of technical activities by leading and supervising a team of engineers
• Cooperation with project managers in program and resource planning activities
• Writing requirements, specifications and other guiding documentation for R&D from a technical point of view
• Cooperation with internal and external stakeholders involved in a project, coaching and leading the teams in solving complex engineering problems from various areas of technology
• Cooperation with software integration engineers regarding integration and verification within the frame of the project
• Conducting technical trainings
• BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Software Engineering or similar
• Expert level in C/C++ development , analysis and design of complex commercial software products
• Experience in creating advanced software architecture, redesigning and refactoring
• Expertise in algorithm optimization, code profiling and in analysis of memory usage violations
• Good practical knowledge of STL and boost libraries
• Knowledge of Design Patterns
• Strong analytical skills
• Effective teamwork skills
• Fluent English, both spoken and written
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of Agile Software Development Methodologies (SCRUM, TDD, CI)
• Experience in high scale SW projects (LOC>100k)
• Knowledge of Boost C++ libraries
• Knowledge sharing abilities
• Knowledge of telecommunications systems